Don't tell anyone, or wait a minute, please do - The secret to manage a successful event is to spend as little time as possible on administration so that you instead can take care of the practical things for the event. If you are managing a sports practice, it's much better to spend time on preparing the actual practice than spend it on time-consuming and rather boring activities such as double checking the attendee list and chasing invitation responses.
Sounds pretty basic, but you need the proper tools to succeed.
How to manage events - the CoachHippo way
We believe that it should be fun to be a part of a member community so we automate time-consuming activities so that you can focus on what matters the most to you.
This is how it works.
- Create Your Event
- Sit back and relax - CoachHippo will automatically send out invitations and reminders to your participans
- You could optionally charge for the event by sending out an invoice to each participant.
- Receive an event summary and execute the event
Let's go through each step
A picture says more than a thousand words so lets go through each step based on the notes on the screenshot.
Step 1: Choose participants, ie who should be invited.
The flexibility with CoachHippo enables you to invite people based on
- The group that they are members in
- Which role they have in your group (admin, board members, etc)
- Which tag they have (a way to group individuals by your own tags)
- Or by choosing individual members
The participant filter works like this: if you specify the group Team CoachHippo, and then the role coaches an invitation will be sent out to coaches withing the group Team CoachHippo. The same goes for if you choose a group and then an individual.
Step 2: Choose the type of event
You can organise many types of events with CoachHippo.
- Event - plain and simple, just pick a title and you are good to go
- Match - Are you playin a team sports? Here you can enter an opponents name
- Public Event - You get a public signup page that you can share in social media to get new members to your group. Great to use when organising tryouts, a soccer school or any other type of event where you want to grow your community. Prefferably in conjuntion with our larger plan where you can organize your group into sub-groups.
Step 3: When and where does the event take place
Just pick a start and end date and time, you can choose to repeat the event (weekly) until a future date.
Pick a place, we use Google Maps so just start typing the adress and select it when it appears in the result list. The great thing with this is that your members can easily open the navigation app in their mobile device so that they get excellent directions to the event location.
Step 4: Add an event description
It's best to add an event description so that your members know what the event is about, but it is optional.
Step 5: Automation, when to send out invites and reminders
Now we get into the fun bits, you decide when the invitations and reminders should be sent out (pick a date) and you also decide a rough time of day the emails should be automatically sent out. Nobody wants an email invitation in the middle of the night :)
A really nice feature is to set the amount of hours before the event your event summary should be sent out.
You could also limit the number of people that can register for the event.There are tooltips available so just place your mouse cursor in the box and read the help text.
We remember which settings you had on your previous event so you don't have to update them everytime you create an event.
Step 6: Save it :)
Just hit the save button to create your event, if you are creating multiple event we suggest that you click the button "Create and New" because you will save a few mouse clicks so that you can get back to what matters the most to you a lot sooner.
So much automation, but can I restrict it?
Sure you can restrict the automated behaviour of CoachHippo, just open your group settings and decide if invites should be sent out, who should receive them (based on roles).
To make it easy for the admin to see who are coming to an event we have the option to respond: I'm not sure yet. This is a way for people to let admin know that they will change their response when they know more about their personal schedule. You can easily turn this off and only allow yes or no responses by toggling the appropriate setting.
You can read about our other great automated functions on our website..
So what are you waiting for - go ahead and create your awesome event!